Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lesson #1. It's easier to pit one women against another, than to defend yourself to either.


Perfect example, I was on a date with a lady friend that I'm very interested in. However, there have been rumors floating around the watercooler that I was unfaithful to my X-wife. My new lady friend and my X have somewhat of a mutual Acquaintance . Anyhow, I needed to find out if my lady friend has been privy to any of these rumors which originated from my X and the mutual Acquaintance.

I gave up trying to find out what she may have heard, instead I focused on discrediting the mutual Acquaintance.

First, My lady friend has the utmost respect for her boss, however the Acquaintance who used to work for the same boss has nothing but sh*t to say about the boss.

Second, I asked lady friend what she thought of her boss (knowing full well that the answer would be positive). She asked me why. I stated that I had heard from said Acquaintance that the boss was dishonest and shallow. Lady friend instantly came to the defense of the boss, she even went so far as to bad mouth the Acquaintance ("...look at the source who's telling you that...").


Now young Jedi, there is the secret. Regardless of what lady friend may have heard or not; or what she may potentially hear from the Acquaintance. In her mind the Acquaintance is not a reliable source. Whether it's about her boss or you, that pain of an Acquaintance is no longer a variable.